The basic distinction between vinegars is the type of production or the raw materials which are used.
- Fermentation processes are natural but time-consuming production which are supported or accelerated by adding vinegar bacteria.
- The other way is to put in 25% vinegar essence which are produced on the base of naturally or industrially vinegar acid.
Different raw materials:
- Wine vinegar made from red or white grape wine, sherry, champagne vinegar
- Fruit vinegar made from different fruit juices
- Balsamic vinegar made from boiled grape juice
Flavored or vegetable vinegars are flavored by the addition of herbs, fruits and vegetables. The goal here is the special taste for the refinement of food.